DX8 trouble with mesh animation. PLEASE!!

Started by
43 comments, last by KingSnake 22 years, 2 months ago
Just a quick thanks to Jim Adams for working on the MS3D skinned mesh exporter... it''s nice to not have to wait until I can afford MAX 4.x and Character Studio to work on skinned mesh code...!

..now it''s just a Small Matter Of Programming to get it working.. lol.. maybe in a few weeks!
Advertisement
Hey Jim,
I tried your milkshape exporter, just using the skinned mesh example that came with DX8.

In text mode, it tells me (always) that it cannot be loaded.

However, I am able to use convx to turn it into a binary file... but when I load that, there are no animations!

Just wanted to see if you might know about this issue. Also, some of the normals on the cylinder I exported are fudged, but you said in your little description that you knew that might be the case.

If you want me to send you the exported models, both x-text and x-binary, I''m willing, just drop me a line at john@raptisoft.com

Goodlife

-- Goodlife-----------------------------Those whom the gods would destroy, they first drive mad.--DirectX design team official motto
To everybody that downloaded the exporter - there was a few bugs, and they are all getting resolved. Namely some stuff about the mesh and frames outputed. I still can''t get the normals correct - even when computing my own, the skinned mesh object distorts the final mesh when rendering.

I''ll upload the newest exporter sometime tomorrow.

Jim
The newest exporter is there - it''ll fix a couple problems.
Still nonormals.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I was wondering if you could give me some pointers on
the UpdateAnimatedMesh function?

Thanks,
Nick

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement