Builder stole my icon

Started by
1 comment, last by benjamin bunny 22 years, 10 months ago
I created a builder app recently with a custom-made star icon by going to project->options->application and selecting it. Unfortunately, somewhere along the line the icon on the exe file was replaced with some standard icon created by builder, even though I hadn''t changed the settings. I''ve played about with various options, but I can''t get my star back unless I use the runtime libraries, which I don''t want to do. I''ve even tried starting afresh with a new project file and adding all the units individually, but to no avail. Does anyone know how I can get my icon back? www.elf-stone.com

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

Advertisement
If you select Project/Options/Application, is the icon still there? Note that this icon is only for the taskbar button of your application. The form icon is completely different and specified in the Object Inspector (Icon property). Did you delete the project .RES file at any point along the way? Is the project .RES file set to read-only or something silly like that?

Steve ''Sly'' Williams  Code Monkey  Krome Studios
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
The form icon is working fine. No problems there. Its only the taskbar and explorer I''m concerned with.

The icon is still in project->options->application. Reloading it or changing to a different one has no effect.

The RES file is still there and is still referred to by the makefile. I checked the contents of the res file and it does contain the icon (under Icons->MAINICON). The RES file is not set to read-only.

www.elf-stone.com

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement