Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

benjamin bunny

Borland Builder stole my icon

I created a builder app recently with a custom-made star icon by going to project->options->application and selecting it. Unfortunately, somewhere along the line the icon on the exe file was replaced with some standard icon created by builder, even though I hadn''t changed the settings. I''ve played about with various options, but I can''t get my star back unless I use the runtime libraries, which I don''t want to do. I''ve even tried starting afresh with a new project file and adding all the units individually, but to no avail. Does anyone know how I can get my icon back? www.elf-stone.com

I''m a little confused. Do you have a copy of the icon? If so then why can''t you just do the same thing you did the first time? If you don''t have a copy of it then you can try opening the .res file in a resource editor to see if it is somehow in there and just not assigned to ID 1. Regretably I don''t think C++ Builder comes with a resource editor. I believe the only thing C++ Builder puts in there is the application icon, so if you can find an old .res for the project you should be able to just replace the existing one.

heh, stupid Builder.

It''s on the project options dialog.
I forget what the tab reads (currently away from my compiler), but I believe it''s the 2nd one.

That should do it.

Thank you for your bandwidth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Succinct Demos Online~
I am a software engineer who writes poetic code!

quote:
Original post by LilBudyWizer

I''m a little confused. Do you have a copy of the icon? If so then why can''t you just do the same thing you did the first time? If you don''t have a copy of it then you can try opening the .res file in a resource editor to see if it is somehow in there and just not assigned to ID 1. Regretably I don''t think C++ Builder comes with a resource editor. I believe the only thing C++ Builder puts in there is the application icon, so if you can find an old .res for the project you should be able to just replace the existing one.

I do have a copy of the icon, but selecting it in my project options (or loading a different one for that matter) now has no effect. I checked the resource file and the icon is there, however.

quote:

heh, stupid Builder.

It''s on the project options dialog.
I forget what the tab reads (currently away from my compiler), but I believe it''s the 2nd one.

That should do it.

Your post is about as much use as a wet fish - one of a particularly unuseful variety.

www.elf-stone.com