Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Direct3d Retained Mode

This topic is 6621 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

FYI: I believe that MS has stopped supporting Retained mode. Perhaps it would be better to think twice about investing time into learning RM.

Six

I've heard the same thing about RM. I played with it for a few weeks and it is a nice intro if you are new to 3d but I would move to IM. Its a little daunting at first but not to bad. :-).

I would look at the MS texturing examples, especially the utilities provided by d3dx.h d3dtextr.h which make it a real breeze.

Take a look at the tutorial recently posed here on gamedev about the d3dx framework. Its also a nice intro on setting up the new IM environment.

Yeah, the problem is i'm 1/2 way thru my project and i don't have time to start IM,
i would, but not for this project

Help with textures, can someone give me an indepth approach to textures?? on .x files... on multiple faces.. on a flat plane .x object(for ground) for anything in Retained mode... the tiger example (Loadfile) shows the tiger but the .x file says it has only 1 face??????????
thanx

------------------
help... help...