Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Learning D3D8

This topic is 6030 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How did you guys learn D3D8? I have been working through the tutorials provided with the SDK documentation, but they seem inadequate. Is there anything else out there to ease the learning curve? Preferably, some tutorial(s) I can work through which also explain the underlying 3D concepts, as I am relatively new to 3D in general, and could benefit from explanations of say, what vertex buffering and stuff is... Thanks in advance for any suggestions. If this is a frequently asked question I apologize, I tried doing some searches of my own, but only came accross D3D 7 information.

Everything on the net, is in the SDK But, if you read the examples, too, they will help you greatly. I just started reading Direct3D Game Programming, which seems like a nice 3d book, but you need previous knowledge of DirectX, to really understand it. good luck........otherwise try nexe, or drunken hyena, but just read through the demos in the SDK(&get a book)