OpenGL Tools -- Debugger etc.

Started by
2 comments, last by Kambiz 15 years, 7 months ago
What tools do the Pro use? I seem to have quite a lot of trouble with VS Express Edition since the debugger for OpenGL is broken, and I created a class that basicly is an AllocConsole() wrapper. Any more easyer way? Also ... im a noob in OpenGL, is there a profiler of some sorts that would tell me if my code is clean etc.? Would be fine to exist one for C++ also :P
Advertisement
look into NVIDIA PerfKit.

What do you mean with "debugger for OpenGL is broken" ?
Visual C++ Express Edition Debugger cannot be used at all with OpenGL, that's what I meant. In debugging the OpenGL screen remains minimized refusing to get maximized at all.
Quote:Original post by McCoder
In debugging the OpenGL screen remains minimized refusing to get maximized at all.

If you break the execution or run the program line by line, the application can not handle the windows messages, so you can not expect it to response. (Although if you start the debug build normally (F5) you should see the window.) Even without the ogl window being visible you can debug you program, you can still execute it line by line and watch variables.
If you need to break the execution at a particular point(For example when you press a key and something is going to happen...) use a breakpoint and start the application with F5.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement