Sign in to follow this  
McCoder

What IDE are YOU using?

At home I use Visual C++ 2008 Express on Vista.
On my EEE PC 701 I use GCC and Vim on Ubuntu.
At work I use Visual Studio 2005 (moving to 2008) on XP. Mostly for C# right now.

For the day job: Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite (specifically C#) on Windows Vista.
For the hobby XNA stuff: Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite (again, C#) (soon 2008 when XNA GS 3.0 comes out) on both Vista and XP.
For the hobby iPhone/OS X stuff: Objective-C using Xcode 3.1 on OS X 10.5.4.

At the moment my research work is mainly using command line Python with a variety of code editors (no IDE), and C and C++ code compiled with gcc and g++.

Game Development was in C++ using Xcode for Mac OS X as my primary dev platform, and Code::Blocks for the Windows port.

When I get back into game development in a month I'll be looking for a good Python IDE - I'm leaning towards Komodo as it doubles as a PHP and HTML/CSS IDE for web work, but I'll need to trial it first.

since the first release, i used c# express edition and c++ express edition (and the web developer etc..)

now, that i got access to a quite cheap vs2008, i use visual studio 2008 (standard) + visual svn + xna 3.0 gamestudio (ctp).

i like the extensions-possibility of the full vs. svn integration is awesome :)

Quote:
Original post by Trapper Zoid
At the moment my research work is mainly using command line Python with a variety of code editors (no IDE), and C and C++ code compiled with gcc and g++.

Game Development was in C++ using Xcode for Mac OS X as my primary dev platform, and Code::Blocks for the Windows port.

When I get back into game development in a month I'll be looking for a good Python IDE - I'm leaning towards Komodo as it doubles as a PHP and HTML/CSS IDE for web work, but I'll need to trial it first.

Just a rough guess, working on something related to biology?

Useing GCC and visual studio myself.

Quote:
Original post by AIRMichael2

Computer vision actually. I've done most of my stuff in Matlab or C, but this algorithm test seemed suited to Python.

Quote:
Original post by Trapper Zoid
Quote:
Original post by AIRMichael2

Computer vision actually. I've done most of my stuff in Matlab or C, but this algorithm test seemed suited to Python.

Cool. I work at a medical center, and alot of my colleges who are more in the lab then me, are mostly working with Python to do dna sequences searches etc.

eclipse for the Java projects at the company, and Xcode for Mac related game engine dev; linux support has fallen asleep in april (need to resurrect it soon), but in general I used eclipse and CDT until then. From that you can guess that gcc/g++ are the used compilers for C/C++.

ctrl+f "kdevelop", no results, and I was sad...

I personally use KDevelop3 right now, eager to use version 4. But I also keep Kate open for shaders, xml docs, and it does nicely for viewing older code I want to reference too!

If kde4's kate had a makefile plugin like the version for kde3 does, then I would probably use that whilst waiting for kdevelop4.

I used VC6 Enterprise for many years then I moved to Visual Studio 2008 Pro on Vista at work and at home. I still have to use VC6 though because I have clients that have software written in Visual Basic 6 and VC++ 6.