What IDE are YOU using?

Started by
62 comments, last by Daaark 15 years, 7 months ago
Eclipse with CDT (http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/) on Ubuntu linux, can't live without all those eclipse plugins..
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Trapper Zoid
At the moment my research work is mainly using command line Python with a variety of code editors (no IDE), and C and C++ code compiled with gcc and g++.

Game Development was in C++ using Xcode for Mac OS X as my primary dev platform, and Code::Blocks for the Windows port.

When I get back into game development in a month I'll be looking for a good Python IDE - I'm leaning towards Komodo as it doubles as a PHP and HTML/CSS IDE for web work, but I'll need to trial it first.

Just a rough guess, working on something related to biology?

Useing GCC and visual studio myself.

Quote:Original post by AIRMichael2

Computer vision actually. I've done most of my stuff in Matlab or C, but this algorithm test seemed suited to Python.
Code::Blocs in Windows (gcc 4.4.0), Linux (gcc 4.2.1) and MacOSX (gcc ¿?)
Visual Studios for C# and C++, and Vim + command line for Python. Windows XP.
Visual Studio 2008 SP1 + .Net 3.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2008
Netbeans 6.1 and Visual Studio 2005, both on XP pro.
Quote:Original post by Trapper Zoid
Quote:Original post by AIRMichael2

Computer vision actually. I've done most of my stuff in Matlab or C, but this algorithm test seemed suited to Python.

Cool. I work at a medical center, and alot of my colleges who are more in the lab then me, are mostly working with Python to do dna sequences searches etc.

eclipse for the Java projects at the company, and Xcode for Mac related game engine dev; linux support has fallen asleep in april (need to resurrect it soon), but in general I used eclipse and CDT until then. From that you can guess that gcc/g++ are the used compilers for C/C++.
Visual Studio 2008 + Visual Assist on Vista.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement