What IDE are YOU using?

Started by
62 comments, last by Daaark 15 years, 7 months ago
What is IDE and/or compiler is anyone using here? And on what OS?
Advertisement
Netbeans and vim on RH3, RH5 and Debian :)
Together with GCC, sometimes testing ICC and llvm.
--
At home I use Visual C++ 2008 Express on Vista.
On my EEE PC 701 I use GCC and Vim on Ubuntu.
At work I use Visual Studio 2005 (moving to 2008) on XP. Mostly for C# right now.
For the day job: Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite (specifically C#) on Windows Vista.
For the hobby XNA stuff: Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite (again, C#) (soon 2008 when XNA GS 3.0 comes out) on both Vista and XP.
For the hobby iPhone/OS X stuff: Objective-C using Xcode 3.1 on OS X 10.5.4.
At the moment my research work is mainly using command line Python with a variety of code editors (no IDE), and C and C++ code compiled with gcc and g++.

Game Development was in C++ using Xcode for Mac OS X as my primary dev platform, and Code::Blocks for the Windows port.

When I get back into game development in a month I'll be looking for a good Python IDE - I'm leaning towards Komodo as it doubles as a PHP and HTML/CSS IDE for web work, but I'll need to trial it first.
Code::blocks on Linux and Windows XP.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Work: Visual Studio 2005 + Visual AssistX on Windows XP.
Home: Visual Studio 6/2005 + Visual AssistX on Windows XP.
Bye and Thanks!SiS.Professional Software Developer.
since the first release, i used c# express edition and c++ express edition (and the web developer etc..)

now, that i got access to a quite cheap vs2008, i use visual studio 2008 (standard) + visual svn + xna 3.0 gamestudio (ctp).

i like the extensions-possibility of the full vs. svn integration is awesome :)
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Visual Studio 2005 at home and work.
Quote:Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!
Visual Studio 6/2003/2005/2008 with Visual Assist X. Life doesn't get any better than with VAX, it's beyond amazing. I'm on XP w/ SP3 on my desktop.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement