Quick Few Questions

Started by
3 comments, last by CoiN 22 years, 10 months ago
Lo All, If you could just answer this small questionnaire it would help me greatly in my college project. It should only take a minute or two. Thanks in advance... QUESTIONS General Questions Q.) How often do you use MP3 players? Q.) What MP3 player(s) do you currently use? E.g. WinAmp Q.) What features of this MP3 player do you like? Q.) Do you think it is important to be able to change the skins on an MP3 player? Q.) What sites/applications do you usually use to download MP3’s? Q.) How many MP3’s do you currently have on your system? Technical Questions Q.) Would you find an integrated mixer useful in an MP3 player? Q.) Do you find the ability to change the ID3 tags in an MP3 player important? Q.) Do you think it is important to be able to convert various audio formats with an MP3 player? e.g. Wav to MP3. Q.) On your usual MP3 player e.g. WinAmp, how often do you use the graphic equaliser settings? Q.) What would you consider a good size for an MP3 PLAYER download? e.g. 1 Megabyte. Cheers, CoiN
Advertisement
Q.) How often do you use MP3 players?
Well, not so much anymore, but it used to be constantly .
Q.) What MP3 player(s) do you currently use? E.g. WinAmp
WinAmp in Windows, XMMS in Linux.
Q.) What features of this MP3 player do you like?
It plays MP3''s .
Q.) Do you think it is important to be able to change the skins on an MP3 player?
Doesn''t hurt, but I''d still use it with the default skin if it worked.
Q.) What sites/applications do you usually use to download MP3’s?
Any Gnutella client does fine.
Q.) How many MP3’s do you currently have on your system?
Not that many, around 60-70 probably.
Q.) Would you find an integrated mixer useful in an MP3 player?
Not personally.
Q.) Do you find the ability to change the ID3 tags in an MP3 player important?
Yes, I end up correcting the spelling in them pretty often .
Q.) Do you think it is important to be able to convert various audio formats with an MP3 player? e.g. Wav to MP3.
I use Goldwave to convert formats, but it wouldn''t hurt to be able to do that. Especially with MOD, IT, and SM3 formats that most commercial sound editors don''t support. I had to use Modplug (another MP3 player) to convert a couple MOD files to WAV; then, of course, I used Goldwave to make them into MP3''s.
Q.) On your usual MP3 player e.g. WinAmp, how often do you use the graphic equaliser settings?
Not at all really.
Q.) What would you consider a good size for an MP3 PLAYER download? e.g. 1 Megabyte.
I never pay attention to download sizes, to tell you the truth. That''s why I have DSL, so I don''t have to .

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
http://druidgames.cjb.net/ (If my website isn''t down, it''s a miracle!)
General Questions

- If my computer''s on, my mp3 player''s on.

Q.) What MP3 player(s) do you currently use? E.g. WinAmp
- WinAmp

- The ability to resize the playist window, the ability to create playlists easily, easy editing of ID3 tags, the ability to easily change skins

Q.) Do you think it is important to be able to change the skins on an MP3 player?
- yes

- Audiogalaxy, mp3.com

- I have 200+, compared to my brother''s several full cds

Technical Questions

- somewhat, although once set I ignore it

- Depends on what the mp3 player shows. If it shows just the filename minus the extension, then no. If it shows the tag, then yes.

Q.) Do you think it is important to be able to convert various audio formats with an MP3 player? e.g. Wav to MP3.
- I used to, until I received my mp3-cd player for my birthday I only use mp3 format

Q.) On your usual MP3 player e.g. WinAmp, how often do you use the graphic equaliser settings?
- I never use it. I''m always doing something else while listening to mp3s, so I''d never get around to using it.

Q.) What would you consider a good size for an MP3 PLAYER download? e.g. 1 Megabyte.
- Assuming that the site from which I''m downloading the player has a fast connection, I don''t care due to my cable modem, although the smaller the better.

--------
"Knowledge is a polite word for dead but not buried imagination. " - e.e. cummings
General Questions

All the time. If my computer is on then I''m playing an mp3.

Q.) What MP3 player(s) do you currently use?
Winamp(windows), xmms(linux)

Playlists, streaming.

Not at all. Mine is usually minimized so I don''t see it.

www.mp3.com

About a dozen or so. ( I stream most of it )

Technical Questions

Not really.

Nope.

I''d use an editing program or a dedicated conversion utility.

Not very much. Once I set it I usually forget about it.

Depending on what it does, anything from 1 - 5 Megs. Although with a large HD and cable modem size isn''t really a factor.

-------
Andrew
How often do you use MP3 players?

All the time!

What MP3 player(s) do you currently use? E.g. WinAmp

Create PlayCenter 2.5

What features of this MP3 player do you like?

It can upload/download to/from my Nomad Jukebox. Also, it plays directly from the Jukebox as well.

Do you think it is important to be able to change the skins on an MP3 player?

Not really, I don''t usually have it visible anyway. One a related note, I think the visualizations are pretty important (though PlayCenter doesn''t do it very well) because I like to have them running if I''m using my MP3s at a party or something...

What sites/applications do you usually use to download MP3’s?

Most of my mp3s are from CDs I''ve bought (no, really!) sometimes I get some off my friends as well.

How many MP3’s do you currently have on your system?

8- or 900 on the Jukebox, but only about a dozen on my computer.

Would you find an integrated mixer useful in an MP3 player?

Not especially.

Do you find the ability to change the ID3 tags in an MP3 player important?

Very, since that what the Jukebox uses to sort/store the mp3s

Do you think it is important to be able to convert various audio formats with an MP3 player? e.g. Wav to MP3.

Not really. The Jukebox can play stuff in a mp3 and wma format, and most cd rippers rip in those formats. I do like being able to rip straight to the Jukebox though.

On your usual MP3 player e.g. WinAmp, how often do you use the graphic equaliser settings?

Set and forget

What would you consider a good size for an MP3 PLAYER download? e.g. 1 Megabyte.

It''s not really important, since I''m not downloading a new player all the time. A one-off download doesn''t really matter.

War Worlds - A 3D Real-Time Strategy game in development.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement