books and tutorials for 2d games

Started by
5 comments, last by nokye 15 years, 7 months ago
Hi, im seeking some good book or tutorial for 2D game(tetris,mario bros) in directx 9, that include issues of collisions, animations techniques,examples with oop.
Advertisement
This is where you should start: Click here. If you are new to graphics programming, I will say start with C# and XNA instead of DirectX. And remember, google is your best friend [google]
www.dannylum.com/games_projects.html - My Game Projectswww.dannylum.com/D2DProject - My Open Source 2D Map Editor
lazyfoo.net - very good resource
--------------------------------------Not All Martyrs See Divinity, But At Least You Tried
directxtutorial.com
Quote:Original post by dannielum
This is where you should start: Click here. If you are new to graphics programming, I will say start with C# and XNA instead of DirectX. And remember, google is your best friend [google]

To kind of redirect from this, I think the wiki has a better getting started page
Check out http://toymaker.info for simple sprite animation and scrolling techniques in directx 9.0

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement