Sign in to follow this  
achyuthan

game development colleges in US and Canada

hello there, As i was searching for colleges in the US and Canada that would offer good game programming related education , I encountered the following... 1.FullSail,FL 2.Digipen,WA 3.University of Southern California(Viterbi) 4.Rochester Institute of Technology,NY 5.FIEA,University of Central Florida 6.Algoma University , Canada Is it possible for you to let me know how you rank these colleges?How good they are?And are there any other colleges?Please let me know! Thanks a ton!

Hello,

From what I've heard, Digipen and FullSail are some of the top schools for game programming and development. I went to the Art Institute of Washington for a couple of quarters until i found out game developers are starting to not except Art degrees or Game design degrees. The best advice i can give is if you want to get in the game industry, pursue a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering. Thats What they prefer.

Quote:
Original post by vsGreenfield
i found out game developers are starting to not except Art degrees or Game design degrees.

Bull.

Art degrees are very important for art candidates. And someone with a game design degree who has a great portfolio and resume will certainly be considered the same as any other degree-holders with great portfolios and resumes.

Whoever told you such degrees will bar applicants from consideration was lying to you, V.