Sign in to follow this  

Not another game engine thread

This topic is 3374 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need a free or cheap commercial game engine, which has: -multiplayer server/client architecture -vehicle physics -world editor and mesh importers/exporters -well documented with strong community -provided source code (-if commercial, it would be cool that you can publish your game free via author of the game engine) With "Right out of the Box" I mean that the engine has to be ready for immediate game development, this means crating the content and scripting the game logic, no time for messing around with other libraries. The game I'm planning is a simple multiplayer third person shooter, involving vehicles, all with extreme low detail(the average polycount per model is 500 and the maps are 256, no some super-duper shader technology needed), just that you get the idea what I need. [Edited by - dMaze149 on September 16, 2008 9:04:39 AM]

What about id tech III(a game engine used for Quake 3)?It is cool, but there is a problem: GPL.I don't mind sharing my code, but I do mind that people could(read: would) do the "evil" patches to the indie product, for now I can't see any reasonable way how to protect it.

This topic is 3374 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.