Sign in to follow this  
Jinroh

Canitrex - Falling Block Puzzler

I wasn't sure where to post this, so here is where I decided. Mods can move if they please, it's their forum. XD Anyway, a long time and away ago back in the land of 2005 when I started programming games I played the tutorial of Triple Buffer - Tetris in an hour. Hooray! It was fun to go through and copy the tutorial. I did not learn what it all meant until later, but still fun. Now that I have mastered Win32 GDI last year I went through and finished my Tetris Clone based on the tutorial as a gift for my wife this past Christmas. She is a Tetris addict. Now, after some time of focusing and working every now and again after not for a while on the Canitrex it is done to my satisfaction. I am notorious for getting bored with projects and not finishing them so I made myself finish this one. ^_^ Anyway, here are some stats on the game. There are two game modes: ORIG - Which is classic clear 10 rows go up a level Tetris. BLOK - Every 9999 Points you go up a level and with each new level garbage blocks litter the playfield that you must muck through. Some other features are - Pause - Pause the Game with the Pause Break Key Scoring - Scoring based on how many times you hit the down key, for a piece and how high up the row is that you're clearing. Plus fun Tetris Action. Screenshots - Download Canitrex Hope you enjoy it!

Good job completing a game! I am working on a larger project and got a little unmotivated since I'm at a point that requires a lot of work without much interactive result, so I decided to make a sort of breakout/pong hybrid to actually feel like I finished something. And completely unrelated - I also happen to be moving to Pittsburgh this week. Anyway I really hope your wife enjoys it! Good job learning the fundamentals needed to produce this yourself as well.

Cheers
-Scott

Hey Thanks Josh, Sorry for posting in the wrong spot.

Hey thanks for the feedback Scott, yeah. Most of the time I just mess around doing different demos or something dumb to kill time when I'm bored. XD I think this is only the 4th Game I've actually finished to completion. lol.

Awesome Pittsburgh and the outlying areas are a fun place be sure to hit Dave and Busters at the Water Front as well as the good Sushi place which name escapes me.

Sign in to follow this