Sign in to follow this  
cfmech

OpenGL OpenGL VS2005 MFC View Offset

I have a Visual C++-OpenGL project that has a "shifted view" in Vista but not in XP. I have discovered that if I implement OpenGL in a Win32 Project the view is correct, and if I use a MFC Application that the view is shifted vertically down by about 20 pixels. I am using Visual Studio 2005, the program I noticed the problem on was originally compiled in VS 6.0. Hopefully the screen shots show up below. OpenGL seems to be working, I get a red square with an (altered) gray background in both cases. In the MFC case, there is a ~20 pixel band where the view is not drawn (it shows up white). The white band is of constant height no matter what the window size. The vertical height of the square is 1 unit, so the distance from the origin (lower-left corner of the square) to the top of the gray area seems to be correct. But, the distance in the -y direction is shorter than 1. I thought it might be a problem with glViewport(0,0,cx,cy) in my OnSize function at first. The values of cx and cy passed to OnSize are the same as those from a call to GetClientRect. I think I have a pretty standard starting implementation, I set glViewport and glOrtho in OnSize, initialize the pixelformat in OnCreate, and do my drawing in OnDraw. Anyone have any idea why MFC would be special in Vista, or what to turn off in MFC to try to eliminate the problem? Visual C++ Win32 Project version: (correctly sizes the view) Visual C++ MFC Application version: (note the white band at the top of the client area)

What happens if you try removing the status bar at the bottom, or the toolbar at the top? I'm guessing that one of them is causing that gap for some reason.

Removing the status and/or toolbar doesn't affect the band. The viewport does get bigger with the extra space from the removed items but the view is still off. Do you mean to remove them from the code?

Here is a shot with the status bar and toolbar removed in a smaller window. It's almost as if the view is wrapped around from the bottom.