Certainly a Common Question

Started by
1 comment, last by dfrank 15 years, 7 months ago
I'm currently attending school for audio and as my graduation date approaches I want to be certain I've taken the proper steps in giving myself the best possible chance of getting my foot in the door. After talking with my internship director concerning the subject, his suggestion was that I try and enter a post-production facility to get my hands wet before I make the jump into game audio. After looking through some of the forums here, it looks like there are a few people who have indeed gotten their start this way. So, how have many of you entered the world of video-game audio? Is there any other way of getting my foot in the door when it comes to audio besides trying to get into post-production on some other type of medium? Game testing, perhaps? Thanks in advance to those who respond.
Advertisement
For starters, read this. There's a lot of information to be had just on this site for a beginner.

I'm trying to get my foot in the door of the industry, too. At present I check the Help Wanted forum on this site from time to time. Get some tunes online, see what people are looking for, and put yourself in front of people.

Welcome to the forum!
_____________________Brian Timmons, ComposerMy Music
Ah, read it earlier. It was a very good read. One of the things I should have noted earlier was that I am not a composer. I like to make music and the like but I am not trained past basic music theory. My interest lies in sound design and implementation in regards to game audio.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement