Something for fun :)

Started by
4 comments, last by Moonshoe 15 years, 7 months ago
Hello all, I just got done reading Booleans list of Do's and Do Not's on posting here. This inspiried me to write a story. It's my first, so probably not that good. It's mostly intended to be used for entertainment, hopefully you all like it. :)Everything in it is fiction (except "The Rules" =P). Thank you for taking the time to read... and I know I probably didn't follow all, or any of the rules in Booleans list, but, again, this is ment for fun and to try out my writing skills. ______________________________________________ The Noob That Didn't Know... An Apocalypse story Once upon a time, there was a noob. Like most noobs, this noob didn't bother to learn any of the rules, nor did he know the proper posting etiquette. However, he wanted people to read his story. Unfortunately, he didn't follow the rules, nor used proper etiquette. When the noob posted his story, nobody bothered to read it because it was a big block of text with no paragraphs, had bad grammar, horrible spelling, and even a few words in 1337 speak. This angered the noob. Why weren't these nice people not reading his story? The enraged noob screamed, "y wnt u morns reed my wndrfl 1337 st0ry?!??!?!1111one1" This outburst of rage angered the nice people, so they retaliated. They yelled back, "Who are you, a noob who can't even spell read, to call US "morns". QQ more and go back to your emo boards!!" This angered the noob even more, so he sent back a volley of insults, curses, and other bad things. He even brought in the nice people's mothers! The battle raged on for days, until it caught the attention of the great Boolean, from the land of Toronto, Canada! In his mighty voice, he commanded, "Stop this foolishness! Anger and hate only leads to anger and hate!" The noob attacked Boolean and his wisdom. The noob insulted his family and friends and called him names. Finally, he left the forum forever in a fit of nooby rage. (keep everything in the same tense. Don't mix "I did" with "I'm doing") The others applauded, but Boolean was saddened. He felt that he had failed. In his sadness, Boolean made a decision. He called out to the others, "Listen to me and I shall lay out rules for post to go by, and save all from the troubles of something like the failure of the noob from happening again!" And so, Boolean, in all his wisdom, laid out rules and etiquette. The rules grew over the time. The others got into the idea of The Rules, as they are known to be called, and helped out. "Don't forget, no 1337 speak," one called out. "And no blocks of text," called another. And soon, The Rules became what they are today: A mighty list of rules and guidelines for newcomers to follow. They were stickied at the top of the forum to prevent another incident like The Noob. Unfortunately, some newcomers fail to read The Rules, and consequently have similar stories like The Noob. However, thanks to the Great Boolean, the incidents have decreased significantly. And that's the end of my tale of the sorrow of an uninformed noob, the anger that can grow, and the hatred that can spawn. And of the kindness of some. Hopefully this tale will entertain others, and serve as a guide to follow the rules and use proper etiquette. Thank you for listening to an oldman's tale and good night! The end. ___________________________________________________________________ Please have fun reading. This is all fiction, nothing in this really happened (besides Boolean making a list of "rules of posting". Please feel free to critisize me and tell me what you did and did not like. Did I use to many ,'s? Paragraphs? And, again, thank you for reading. edit: It wouldn't let me indent =[ edit#2: I fixed the errors that Moonshoe pointed out. :) [Edited by - Apoca on September 17, 2008 11:22:10 PM]
Advertisement
I like it! This should be stickied! It was entertaining as well as informing. :D

---

Okay, I've made a few grammar corrections in the story. Read through and see if you like, or if I missed some things. [smile]

Quote:
The Noob That Didn't Know...
An Apocalypse story

Once upon a time, there was a noob. This noob didn't bother to learn any of the rules, like most noobs. And, like other noobs, didn't know the proper posting etiquette. Like most noobs, this noob didn't bother to learn any of the rules, nor did he know the proper posting etiquette. Unfortunately, he wanted people to read his story, but neither followed the rules, nor used proper etiquette. However, he wanted people to read his story. Unfortunately, he didn't follow the rules, nor used proper etiquette.

When the noob posted his story, nobody bothered to read it because it was a big block of text with no paragraphs, had bad grammar, horrible spelling, and even a few words in 1337 speak. This angered the noob. Why weren't these nice (we are nice people [smile]) people not reading his story? The enraged noob screamed, "y wnt u morns reed my wndrfl 1337 st0ry?!??!?!1111one1"

This outburst of rage angered the nice people, so they retaliated. They yelled back, "Who are you, a noob who can't even spell read, to call US "morns". QQ more and go back to your emo boards!!"

This angered the noob even more, so he sent back a volley of insults, curses, and other bad things. He even brought in the nice people's mothers!

The battle raged on for days, until it caught the attention of the great Boolean, from the land of Toronto, Canada! In his mighty voice, he commanded, "Stop this foolishness! Anger and hate only leads to anger and hate!"

The noob attacked Boolean and his wisdom. insulting his family and friends, calling him names, and finally left the forum forever in a fit of even more rage. The noob insulted his family and friends and called him names. Finally, he left the forum forever in a fit of nooby rage. (keep everything in the same tense. Don't mix "I did" with "I'm doing")

The others applauded, but Boolean was saddened. He felt that he had failed. In his sadness, Boolean made a decision. He called out to the others, "Listen to me and I shall lay out rules for post to go by, and save all from the troubles of something like the failure of the noob from happening again!"

And so, Boolean, in all his wisdom, laid out rules and etiquette. The rules grew over the time. The others got into the idea of The Rules, as they are known to be called, and helped out.

"Don't forget, no 1337 speak," one called out.

"And no blocks of text," called another.

And soon, The Rules became what they are today: A mighty list of rules and guidelines for newcomers to follow. They were stickied at the top of the forum to prevent another incident like The Noob.

Unfortunately, some newcomers fail to read The Rules, and consequently have similar stories like The Noob. However, thanks to the Great Boolean, the incidents have decreased significantly.

And that's the end of my tale of the sorrow of an uninformed noob, the anger that can grow, and the hatred that can spawn. And of the kindness of some. Hopefully this tale will entertain others, and serve as a guide to follow the rules and use proper etiquette. Thank you for listening to an oldman's tale and good night!

The end.
Thank you :) And thank you very much for the corrections! :) I probably should have spent more time looking over it before posting. =P

Also, in the orginal copy in Wordpad I had An Apocalypse Story Italisized, and a smalled font size than the rest, and the title in a larger font and in bold. I'm not sure how to get bold, italics, etc.. on here... I guess you're type (b) in the beginning, then (/b) at the end?

Thanks again! :D

-apoca

[Edited by - Apoca on September 17, 2008 1:37:44 AM]

I congratulate you on your effort. A good read.[smile]

But i am not good at deciphering the meaning of some words. So what do you mean by "1337 story". I am an Sicilian by the way, not an English man.
Quote:Original post by metalman666

I congratulate you on your effort. A good read.[smile]

But i am not good at deciphering the meaning of some words. So what do you mean by "1337 story". I am an Sicilian by the way, not an English man.

1337 speak is short for Elite Speak, it's pretty much translating regular english into signs and number, like 1 = L, 3 = E, and 7 = T, so if you spelled leet out using that, you'd get 1337. Some people find it very annoying.

And since Elite (1337) means very good, or the best (like, I am one of the elite(best) coders).

So, if someone said their story is "1337", they mean that it is very good.

Most of the time, when people say they are 1337, they are considered arrogent(spelling).

Hope that helps a little, and doesn't confuse you more XD
Quote:Original post by Apoca
Why weren't these nice (we are nice people ) people not reading his story?

Oh yeah, that part with parenthesis I was just pointing out as a correction, like when I said "stay in the same tense." Since you also said, "This outburst of rage angered the nice people," it was assumed that the people ARE indeed nice, and it wasn't just the noob's opinion (before you said, "or so that's what the noob thought," or something similar before I changed it). So, I just thought it would be better to just simply make it, "Why weren't these nice people not reading his story?" EDIT: "Why were these nice people not reading his story?" Yeah, that should be "were," because it's not "Why were not these people not reading his story?" Sorry bout' that. :)

Oh yeah, and we are nice people. [smile]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement