[DEMO] RPG demo - technical demo

Started by
4 comments, last by keepclear 15 years, 6 months ago
This technical demo is my first project released, it's a personal project I've made alone from scratch during July and August 2008. I wanted to know what I was possible to create in just two months. My working basis was to create a RPG-style playable demo. I'm mainly a programmer not a CG artist although i used many 2d/3d tools for creating the GUI elements and the level. LINK TO THE DEMO PAGE [Edited by - keepclear on September 17, 2008 9:43:47 AM]
Advertisement
Video added on the demo page.
That's pretty good for two months. Out of curiosity, on your page you say you're using Ogre3d, Irrlicht, and Clanlib. Which are you using for your 3D stuff? Are you using Clanlib for your UI?. The menus remind me of Final Fantasy 2 or 3.
I've used Clanlib for the prototype and for some feature tests during the preproduction. I've switched to Ogre3d but I quickly decided to use Irrlicht because of the deadline. It's why this project is only wrapped on Irrlicht engine with Irrklang for the sound engine. But for the sake of simplicity, I would have prefered to mix clanlib with Irrlicht for the UI, but that's quite difficult to do properly I think.

[Edited by - keepclear on October 6, 2008 9:43:38 PM]
So, what are you using for the UI then? Perhaps I misunderstood :)
I use Irrlicht for the UI ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement