Sign in to follow this  
Eldritch

Modal Dialog for Windows Mobile 6

I am trying to display a modal dialog in my Windows Mobile game (trying to get some feedback from user on certain things like "Do you want to save?") but I have encountered a small problem: it is not possible to use the D-Pad to navigate in the dialog (it has three choices) nor the "OK" button (D-Pad middle) to activate the selected choice. I am using DialogBoxParam() and with that I specify my own DLGPROC (BOOL CALLBACK GameDialogProc). I have noticed that the dialog does not receive a single WM_KEYDOWN or WM_KEYUP message :( Is it possible to make it accept input somehow?

When I wrote my Windows Mobile game, I didn't use the standard dialogs for things like this. Instead, I rendered a bitmap with the options in the lower-left and lower-right portion of the screen, and then monitored the SK1 and SK2 keys as usual. For the menu screen, SK1 was menu, SK2 was exit, and Enter launched into the game.

With a little more programming, you could have the dpad chose selections, SK1 to back out, and SK2 to select.