Sign in to follow this  
SubMatrix

[SlimDX] Device constructor + Direct3D object

Hi, I've been trying to port my application to SlimDX so that I can compile a 64-bit version. Unless I am missing something, I noticed that in the latest release the constructor for the Device class was changed to take a SlimDX.Direct3D object as a parameter. Later on in my code, I make a call to CheckDeviceMultisampleType(), which now resides in this SlimDX.Direct3D class. The function is no longer static, however (as it previously was in MDX), so I am curious how to get back the Direct3D object that I used to create my Device. The Device class doesn't seem to hold on to it on creation (as far as I can tell). Am I supposed to keep track of the Direct3D object I pass to the Device constructor myself? Or am I missing something simple here? Great work overall on SlimDX btw.

Yeah, you have to keep track of it yourself. This was mainly done because D3D 9Ex support was a problem otherwise. Honestly, you can just shove a public static Direct3D Direct3D = new Direct3D(); somewhere and it will yield basically the same results.