Jumpgate Beta Stress Test This Friday

Started by
9 comments, last by Josh ND 22 years, 10 months ago
If anyone would like to participate in Jumpgate's beta stress test by this friday please do so by signing up for it at http://www.jossh.com/join_today/index.html and you will recieve your e-mail by this friday with instructions on downloading the game. Jumpgate is a massively multiplayer 3-D space sim similar to the old game "Tradewars," if you would like to learn more check out www.jossh.com and www.netdevil.com . Thanks! Edited by - Josh ND on June 11, 2001 12:39:22 PM
Advertisement
These guys are some real-life buddies of mine from the local game developers club, and what they''ve been working on is truly sweet, so I suggest you try this one out. This isn''t a little starter project, it''s a full-on commercial-game-to-be.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Really you know some of us Felisandria? Which ones?
Just ask the folks on your team who all has been to CGD... I''m Heather there, the 6'' female with brown hair and freckles. Kind of hard to miss *wry smile*. I haven''t been in 3 months due to having to work australia hours, illness, and most recently massive plumbing failure.

I would give names but I have a horrible time remembering which of the folks at CGD are Netdevil folks and which are working on that MMORPG based on their MUD. I have the business cards on my desk somewhere at home that would remind me but I''m not home at the moment.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Its no big deal, I think everyone except me and one other person was at the last GDC so you probably met everyone basicly. I was just surprised that you have met them, being that I'm the only one here that really reads these forums :-) Thats cool.

Edited by - Josh ND on June 11, 2001 4:58:27 PM
Hehe, CGD, not GDC. I wasn''t at the GDC. CGD is Colorado Game Developers, which meets the first Tuesday of every month in Denver.

-fel
Ok I see, I''ve always made a point of going to the CGD but never have yet, maybe I''ll make it one of these days. How many people usually show up?
It''s kind of random. I''d say usually around 15 to 20 probably. I''m sure you or one of the guys who works with you gets Ian''s notices so you''ll know where it is, usually it''s at Gary''s office downtown, though we occassionally go to Dave & Buster''s for, um... research purposes. Yeah. That''s it. *grin*

-fel
So how big of a download will it be (approx.)? I don''t know if my poor 33.6 modem can handle something too big (its restricted to 33.6 because of the phonelines).
Unfortunately it is about 80 Megs, but if you have a friend with cable or DSL maybe they can burn it onto a CD for you after they download it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement