2 full screen in directX

Started by
2 comments, last by Namethatnobodyelsetook 15 years, 7 months ago
Hello, I would like to know how to solve the following problem: I have an application that must run in xp and who should manage two monitors in full screen with directX (on the same video card) . I would like to know if it is possible to have two simultaneous full screen with directx (I can have a full screen + one windowed but not two full screen) Is it technically possible to use directx on 2 full-screen? I work with Borland C++ builder and directx 9.0 Thank you
Advertisement
Yes this can be done.

First you need to add D3DCREATE_ADAPTERGROUP_DEVICE to your behavior flags. Additional you need to provide an array of D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS structs (one element per display) instead of a single one.

The device will then have separate swap chains for each display.
thanks !
The adapter group is one option (often the best option). All GPU resources created by the device can be shared for both screens this way.

You can also create a second device (works for two cards, as well as dual-output cards, or both). Upon creation of the second device, the first device is immediately lost. Simply reset the device and they should both work. The problem with this method is that no resources are shared. Textures must be loaded for each device. Meshes must be loaded for each device. Shaders must be compiled for each device. You have to keep track of far too much, but it can be made to work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement