Meshes

Started by
4 comments, last by jollyjeffers 15 years, 6 months ago
how to create meshes, i'm a beginner so give me tutorial step by step please....
Advertisement
What do you mean by "create meshes"? What API are you using (Direct3D 9? 10? XNA?)

If you mean loading X format meshes into your Direct3D 9 programs, then you might want to take a look at Tutorial 6 - Using Meshes. If you're talking about something else, please let us know what.
Help us to help you

The fundamental question you need to answer is:

Q) Are you an artist trying to create 3D models, or are you a programmer trying to load/render 3D models??

Any other information on what you're doing would be useful.

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

ya, I would load X format meshes into my Direct3D 10, what step and code please....?
I believe Jack has some code that can help with that. Hopefully he'll be able to help.

An alternative is to use the DXUT mesh class. You can take a look at "Tutorial 9: Meshes in DXUT" in the docs.
Quote:Original post by ET3D
I believe Jack has some code that can help with that. Hopefully he'll be able to help.
Yes, I do indeed have some code somewhere for loading .X meshes into D3DX10 meshes.

I'm not sure if this is the latest-n-greatest, but my September 2006 journal should do the trick.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement