WOW thoses are some screenshots!

Started by
4 comments, last by Dean Harding 22 years, 10 months ago
Hey guys how in the world do you take screen shots of your apps. Man is there a program out there that does that or do you guys uses digital cameras(that sound inefficient). I figure theres a program. If you reply to this could you post a link to a screenshot of what your working on. Thoses screenshots alwasy inspire me.
Which side are you on?
Advertisement
Hey, waz up!

There are programs that do screenshots but if you press the Print Screen button on the keyboard, it will save it to the clipboard for easy access from almost any program.

Hop this helps!
Well the way I take my screenshots is with pressing alt-printscreen at the same time and then just past it in to your paint program.
You can use Alt-Print Screen, like everyone else said. On standard keyboards, this key is located at the top right of the keyboard (SysRq, above Insert). But, when I make games I usually include a built-in feature in the game that copies the frame to a bitmap in the executable''s directory or somewhere else. This is the easiest way to take screenshots, as all you have to do is press a key while the game''s running. Not too hard to program into a game, and a lot of games have that feature anyway in case the user wants to take a shot of something unusual or something else they want to remember. Anyway, that''s how I do it most of the time. Otherwise, I just use Alt-Print Screen.
I’m working on a 3D-game. Here is a screenshot from it…

oscp.pochta.org
Well, Print Screen is the easiest, but I find a much better way is (using OpenGL, it''s similar for DirectX, but a bit different) is to just use glReadPixels() to get the contents of the back buffer, and then I use my PNG library (http://www.libpng.org/) to write it out to a file. This way you can take as many screenshots as you like before quitting and starting up Photoshop or whatever.

Now, I can''t resist posting a shot of my game

If you like that, then there''s plenty more on my website!!

War Worlds - A 3D Real-Time Strategy game in development.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement