xfiles and pivot points

Started by
1 comment, last by Queasy 22 years, 10 months ago
Hello, I was wondering if anybody here could help me out on a problem I have: I''ve been trying to export my model from 3dsmax -> .x file properly. I am using 3dsmax2.5, conv3ds (w/dx7 sdk), and the xfile example from the sdk to load it. Now here is the problem. Everytime I export it, the pivot point of the model is not set in the right place. That is, when the model is rotated, its point of rotation is not in the center of the model (which is what I want), but rather at the back, or way above, or some other weird place. I''ve tried collapsing model into a single mesh, and centering the object on the pivot point. However, this does not work after I start scaling my model. I have also tried using the dx8 exporter (mentioned in an earlier thread) with 3dsmax3.1 but that didn''t work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ~Queasy.
Jonathan Makqueasy gamesgate 88[email=jon.mak@utoronto.ca]email[/email]
Advertisement
This is a dumb solution, but it works for me. In 3dsmax just center the mesh at (0,0,0) on the coordinate grid. Then when you load it into your program, the pivot point will be in the center. It seems directx has the pivot point at the origin as default. I`m sure there''s some way to change that though...

Moses
This is a dumb solution, but it works for me. In 3dsmax just center the mesh at (0,0,0) on the coordinate grid. Then when you load it into your program, the pivot point will be in the center. It seems directx has the pivot point at the origin as default. I`m sure there''s some way to change that though...

Moses

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement