Levels in RPG´s

Started by
2 comments, last by TheShadow 22 years, 10 months ago
I was wondering, just how important can be levels in RPG''s, they consume almost all the spice of the games making the point of them just to gain level to defeat the very bad guy. What other options are there to make RPG''s a little bit more interesting? Dark Era: Concealed Evil. The next generation of online gaming. By Drakonix Studios
Mecha Engineer (Making Real Humanoid Suits)
Advertisement
I think the point of the leveling system is otherwise there is little graduation of stats, making the game merely an adventure game rather tha a RPG.

This is what i see as the main diff. between RPG''s and Adventures, even if some rpg''s just advance stats and not levels as such.
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=16429

400 posts on that and various connected topics

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
Mad Keith the V.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Yeah, but it is easier on a mmorpg to say "I''m on level 35" than to say "I have a strenght of 105, an inteligence of 6, and a speed of 12" etc. If the stats are the same for any level 35 human warriors (w/o stat changing clothes) then they could just say level 35, another idea would be to award character points every so many xp, and let the player put it on the stats that he/she values.

NuKeS
NuKeS

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement