Japher.com

Started by
3 comments, last by japher 22 years, 10 months ago
Hello, I am Arka, check out our newly launched website www.japher.com. The first game developers marketplace for project outsourcing, graphics, programming, employment, development software and more. You may register there if you want. PS. We have only recently launched the site and we need your feedback. Regards Arka Bhattacharya CEO of Japher Connecting the games Industry.
Advertisement
Hello Arka,
Looks like a promising site but......

The directory section of your site looks terrible when using Netscape 6(Win 95)-Some of the text is a shade of white on a white background!

When I try loadig a directory with Netscape 4.7 I get this error message.

Not Found

The requested URL /dir/Games/Game_Creation_Systems/default.css was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.12 Server at emerald.iboost.com Port 80

Internet explorer not installed! guess it works fine on that

Paul

quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Hello Arka,
Looks like a promising site but......

The directory section of your site looks terrible when using Netscape 6(Win 95)-Some of the text is a shade of white on a white background!

When I try loadig a directory with Netscape 4.7 I get this error message.

Not Found

The requested URL /dir/Games/Game_Creation_Systems/default.css was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.12 Server at emerald.iboost.com Port 80

Internet explorer not installed! guess it works fine on that

Paul

Hey Paul, but instead of him changing the page why don''t you try IE or Opera? Don''t give me the bull that IE isn''t installed, that''s something all my customers used to say when I was working for an ISP and odd enough, IE was always installed, unless they removed one of the DLL because they were too dumb to know not to mess with something they don''t know. Anyhow, all this to say that IE is always there. Just got to know where to look...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
[Cyberdrek | ]
Hello Cyberdrek,

Yep, kind of bull about IE, it is a computer in the lab where I work and I inherited it from someone who liked to fiddle. It is the start menu but refuses to load when I try it. Gives some error-can''t remember what- I know fresh install would fix it but I tend not to fiddle with the computers at work as it gets in the way of physics. I guess I could install opera as I quite like it. Sorry, should have said not working!

Viewed directory sections of japher.com from home and it looks like a good resource. My comments were not meant in a aggressive/negative way just that I could not view a section of the site from what are farily popular browsers.

On a more constructive note, I think a list of recent additions to the market place on the front page would be nice.

Paul

Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Over the next two weeks the development team in Australia will make rapid changes to the website japher.com its not going to be only a marketplace but also content resource center for training, employment and more resources. (I will fix up the links and the interface and try to make it compatible for all browsers including netscape 6)

I just need you guys to register and see if you all can login and may be post some trial messages.

Couple of things!

* let me know if you get stuck while registering.
* I am planning to have a showcase section for adding ppls CV, Interviews, Their goods/services they offer to the industry.

Tell me what you think cause these early stages are extremely hard and so I need the support!! Thanks for all your reply.

PS I am not here to jsut spamm messages over the next few weeks I am going to try and contribute to these message baords as much as possible along with the guys here.

PS. I am also interested in making a game (Empire building game like CIV2/3) and my goal is to make soley by buying things from the marketplace at Japher.com let me know what u think.

Thanks a lot!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement