indoor/outdoor engine.., some feedback please

Started by
30 comments, last by Bruno 22 years, 10 months ago
Hi guys Can you please give me some benchmark on the performance of the engine ? It''s an hybrid quadtree/portal rendering. I don''t have a clue on how the interpolation models behave on another computers because they are linked to the frame rate .,so i would apreciate some feedback. And, if you think if it would be a playable game in your machine regarding rendering speed. the link is: http://brunomtc.no.sapo.pt thanks Bruno
Advertisement
Hi!!

Just thought i''d post a little reply!! he he!!!

FPS:

640x480 : won''t run

800x600 : 30-60

1204x768 : Won''t run!

Take Care!

- -- ---[XaOs]--- -- -
- -- ---[XaOs]--- -- -[ Project fy ||| CyberTux ]
Hi, couldn''t you make some screenshots that one can see if he really wants to download the engine. I don''t like downloading engines that are just some tutorial stuff but more than 5MB just because of the big textures. So let''s see what you''ve made, please.

kudi
The problem of Object Oriented Programming:Everybody tells you how to use his classes, but nobody how not to do it !
ok.., it''s done
4 screenshots at the page

Bruno
Very cool engine! had it running on my P2 400 128mb ram, ATI rage fury. Looked great, ran at decent rate.

definately playable, but a bit strange in some areas:

-square haze around particles (blending problem?)
-mip map textures are very obvoius when they change between detail levels
-the player model (gun, arm) jerks a bit weirdly (I''d almost say it ''squirms''!) problem with interpolation between key frames? (this could be a cool effect (feature) rather than a bug if you used it selectively tho.
-the walk speed is much too slow!

Overall a VERY nice looking engine, with a few minor bugs.
Looks like you''ve got all the really complex bits sorted!
Good work!
[size="1"]
looks nice.

i got 60-80 on my 533 celeron GF2MX - 800x600x32 fullscreen.

I´ve got no lightning/shading,the sky doesn´t work,the weapon modell is very strange flickering and when i look into the mirror the weapon model gets very very strange ,when i look directly into it my computer crashes completely.

I have a 800Mhz AMD Duron proc with 256 Mb ram and a Geforce 1 SDR.

I tried all settings but it doesn´t work.
I''m sorry but it doesn''t run in any way

I''ve tried EVERY combination for the options and every time I''m getting this error:

instruction at 0x00408ff1 points to memory at 0x07512070
Read-instruction in memory failed.

(translated from Dutch..)

My system:

PIII 933
128mb SDR
GeForce2 MX
Win2K pro.
DirectX 8
Detonator 12.60

Doesn''t run...

P2 400
TNT 2
DX8
Plenty of ram
Thanks to everyone that tested it.,

sorry to the people that couldn''t make it run.
Some questions to them..,

This may look a stupid question, but all of you have a sound card? If there isn''t a sound card, the engine will crash.., i should have made a check, but only now i remembered it.
Do you guys get to the loading screen or not even that ?

thanks,
Bruno

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement