Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problem with my program, windows programming

This topic is 6027 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I tried to transform NeHe''s windows creation code into a class so that I could create window objects. Im not very good with C++, OO, or windows/openGL programming, so I''ve had a few problems. Here is the code I have. http://members.home.net/l-reynolds/myCode.zip It should create an 800x600 window with a multicolored cube in the middle. In the zip I included a ReadMe file which details the problems im having. Mainly, the program doesn''t seem to shutdown properly. BTW, I suppose people could use the code if they want to (but why? it sucks), but please gimme some credit for it, or something. This has been killing my programming progress, because I want to get the windowing to work perfectly before I start trying to put stuff in it. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance, Sketchy

Guest Anonymous Poster
I ran your program 10 - 20 times under w2k and it runs fine, no problems. It changes from full screen to window and back. There were no problems exiting either.

Joel

Guest Anonymous Poster
works fine on my me machine

geoforce2 mx
dx 7

had shutdown problems when i ran the tutorials on NT machines, namely the resolution was never reset and it asserted on every shutdown.

see new basecode and comments to see if that''s your problem, there''s a bug in his older code.