if you own the book....

Started by
13 comments, last by TANSTAAFL 22 years, 9 months ago
please post a review on amazon.com(be honest, i''m not begging for 5 star reviews). i know a lot of you like the book, but these bad reviews i''ve been getting (three in a row now) are really killing me. i know that not everybody hates my book, right?

Get off my lawn!

Advertisement
Will do...

Plus, here is the link for all of you reviewers:

BOOK REVIEW

-Coleco

PS, I love the book.

~ c o l ec o ~

Rock the cradle of love!
You stupid WANKER!

mmmmmmmmmmkay

--HASBRO SUCKS--
Rock the cradle of love! You stupid WANKER!
Send me a free copy, and I''d be glad to
I bet he''s never heard that one before!

Hey TANS, I just posted a nice review on Amazon...should be up in a few days...

-Coleco

~ c o l ec o ~

Rock the cradle of love!
You stupid WANKER!

mmmmmmmmmmkay

--HASBRO SUCKS--
Rock the cradle of love! You stupid WANKER!
Don''t listen to the bad ones.
Let me restate that take a grain of salt with them. They were probably looking for a more advanced book with more rts, rpg style games. You gave the fundametals of the engine not the rest of the code. Your book is excellent for new and intermediate programmers. It gave me new ideas to stretch me thoughts to higher levels. Since I just started game programming about one year ago this was the best source for isometric programming there is.
Maheedhar SonthineniBlack Tempest Unleashedwww.btugames.com
Mahee - I doubt Tans is so much worried about the bad ones himself as he is worried that the uninformed will see the bad ones and decided not to buy the book
Good point
Maheedhar SonthineniBlack Tempest Unleashedwww.btugames.com
Just dropped my review down. I was going to do so earlier, but I must have forgotten.

Enjoy TAN

Eboz
thanks, eboz.

also, thanks coleco. i just saw the review just now.

in answer to your complaints(coleco):

1) the 3d part was not "required" per se, but "highly suggested", which has about the same force as "required".

2) the art was of my own making, so of course it sucks. i mention that it sucks several times in the book.

And... i do have writing a "volume II" planned, but right now i''m working on my cybiko book (it''ll be done in a month), and since prima-tech is for sale right now, i''m not sure if they are going to want to take on any new contracts, so i may have to wait until next year to write it.

Get off my lawn!

Tans. Your book rule!
But at first I was really sceptic because of the lousy artwork.
I guess that if you judge the book by looking at the pages only, believe it or not many people do that it doesnt look that impressive. First impression and all. But after reading the book trough, I have to say its really nice.

//Jolt
The nice thing about C++ is that only your friends can handle your private parts.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement