[java] Cowboy Bebop demo 2

Started by
3 comments, last by Wrathnut 22 years, 10 months ago
Hey everybody, it''s been awhile since I''ve worked on my game but here''s another update for you. If you feel like spending a few minutes checking this out and seeing if you get any errors right now it''s pretty basic but I''m going to be adding more enemies and obstacles soon, also some level scripting. But for now I''m just trying to get the engine worked out. Anyway here''s the link: http://www.wrathnut.freeservers.com Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks in advance -Andy War doesn''t determine who is right, war determines who is left.
Advertisement
First, it''d be really nice if you allowed diagonal movement. Second, why are two versions necessary? Can''t you just abstract the movement code so that it updates everything correctly, regardless of the frame rate?

Third, the "You Suck" comments are kinda annoying.

Fourth, when did Spike ever fight the police? (During the series, that is...) I seem to remember them being on the same side, as Spike was a bounty hunter. Now those satellites from the first episode with Ed.... Those''d be cool targets.

Pretty nice looking overall... Parallax stars look cool, even if it''d require speed somewhere around 1000x the speed of light to actually get that effect.
1. Diagnal movement is possible with the engine just not implemented for the player yet...

2. Two version aren''t necessary.. I had a bug that I was trying to address with the second one.. I was just testing the delay.

3. The you suck comments aren''t gonna be there long.

4. Spike never ''fought'' the police but he did bust through their barracades in a few episodes.. and they did chase after him in one episode if I am not mistaken.

5. ^_^ if you have a few more ideas for some enemies I''d love to hear some more about it.

Also I imagine that traveling through the gates on the show they are moving well above the speed of light.. albeit in the game you aren''t traveling through a gate.

Thanks for the input though. I''m assuming that the applet didn''t cause an error so cheers.

War doesn''t determine who is right, war determines who is left.
Hmmm... Actually, the gates don''t do that much. From what was included on one of the DVD''s, in an interview with someone on the development team, the gates basically provided only a 240x compression of space while in hyperspace. Enough to make interplanetary travel doable without drastically different technology in propulsion than we already have, but not enough to make interstellar travel feasible.

Of course, that really doesn''t help you much. And I do like the streaking star effect... Don''t let the fact that it''s not realistic bother you. I don''t let it bother me. =)
Hey! that was fun!
your "speed" problem is of interest to me
what part of your code tied you to the processor
speed of the computer?
I''m not saying I can help I just don''t want it
to happen to me.
8)
"do you like my helmut?"-yoghurt

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement