Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prozak

VC++ MFC & TextBoxes

Hi all, Does anyone out there, using (or not) MFC, know how to "draw" and use a "TextBox". In VB6 its sooooo easy, in VC++, its soooo hard.... Thanx all... Hugo Ferreira lotsjunk@hotmail.com http://unitek3000.tripod.com

*Drawing* is usually done in your view class, using the GDI-functionality encapsulated in the Device Context passed to your OnDraw function. If you''re still with me, you know enough about MFC and the Document/View architecture. If not, you really should get a book about MFC, because it''s not all that easy to get to grips with.

Using textboxes is terribly easy (in my opinion, but I''ve been using MFC for 4 years or more). You add them to your dialog-box template in the resource editor, and interface with them either through the DDX mechanism (there are members for this in your dialog box''s class), or by adding an EditControl member to the dialog class and doing everything yourself. If you''re using a form-based application, it should be similar, though I''ve never worked with forms in MFC.

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
Mad Keith the V.