Nehe Productions' Code Won't Compile

Started by
2 comments, last by Thrump 15 years, 6 months ago
I've tried write/downloading and compiling the code provided in Nehe's first tutorial numerous upon numerous times, in both Dev-Cpp and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. They won't. They give me a whole bunch of linker error. I am OpenGL retarded and know nothing, so kindly keep answers to the same thing you'd tell a 2 year old. The errors are all undefined crap that should be there, or at least I would assume so, considering the code was written in VC++ and I tried using VC++ 2008. What's the problem?
Advertisement
When you are working with opengl you have to include certain .lib files in your project, for lesson one specifically glu32.lib and opengl32.lib (libglu32.a and libopengl32.a if your are using Dev-C++)

To do this in Dev-C++, which is the compiler I use, you have to go to project --> options --> parameters --> add and then navigate to ../Dev-C++/Lib and add the files.

After that you should be able to compile it, unless I forgot a file to add. If I did, you can copy the linker error and using a google search should be able to figure out which file you need added.
I got those. It doesn't really give me an error. But I've got a different compiler that works now.
If you still want help please list the first few errors you're getting.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement