Sign in to follow this  
ByronMan

Multiple Languages GUI by XML

Hi all, I decided to support a multiple language GUI for my game using a XML file, can you please review it and give your comments, I haven't messed with xml/dtd too much -> It might contain some bugs :-) Also, is there any multiple language GUI best practice that I can use? maybe with source code provided? Here is my DTD: ---------------------------------------- <!ELEMENT info (language,author,email,date)> <!ELEMENT language (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT justify (EMPTY)> <!ELEMENT author (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT email (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT date (#PCDATA)> <!ATTLIST justify right-to-left ( yes | no ) #REQUIRED> <!ELEMENT entries (entry)> <!ELEMENT entry (id,text)> <!ELEMENT id (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT text (#PCDATA)> ---------------------------------------- Then by parsing the xml, I will just locate an entry by it's id and display the text in the correct justification. Any comments? Thanks!

Well, I have done it a similar way before. It will work just fine. But since I know GNU gettext, I don't want to use anything else :D.
The only disadvantage is that gettext-tools reads the Strings only from the Source afaik.
But with programs like poEdit translations are really simple.
But use what you like more (:.
rya.