• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Gilbetron

Unity Recommended game engine with strong character support

This topic is 3658 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey All! We're starting up a project and looking around to see if any game engines out there have strong "character" support. By that, I mean we need a game engine where we can twiddle with graphics a lot, but would like one where we can import a character mesh/skeleton and some animations and get the character to move around and collide with the environment very quickly. We want to mess around with rendering and do some strange things, but want the animation and AI parts to be easy and quick. We don't mind working around some limitations. We've been through all kinds of reviews and looked at a goodly number of engines. Right now I'm close to picking NeoAxis, since we've already used Ogre for other projects and are familiar with it. Unity seems great ... if only they'd get their Windows version out. Visual3D.net we were not too impressed with (at least their demo). We're all professional programmers, so we can handle whatever language. Although if the AI system has scripting capabilities, that'd be a plus. Any ideas? Thanks!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!