Help moving an imported mesh in a 3D world (C#)

Started by
2 comments, last by jollyjeffers 15 years, 6 months ago
Hello Friends We friends are developing a simulated environment using C# and DirectX. We have created a terrain using terrain maker and loaded it as mesh. Help me in applying movements in it but those should be the movements for aeroplane in air and on ground Thank you.. :) EDIT: "Needed Help from u people" is not an appropriate subject title. [Edited by - jollyjeffers on October 9, 2008 12:14:27 PM]
Advertisement
What area exactly are you having problems with?
I have created the terrain by importing it as a mesh
and now I want to add movement in that terrain
i.e. if I press up key I should move forward
Please choose more descriptive subject titles in future. I have changed this one for you - it helps the community help you if they can easily identify what your thread is about. Unfortunately this also goes for your thread content - you haven't made it entirely clear the technical details of what you have/haven't tried.

In simple terms you need to look into "matrix transformation" - create a translation matrix and set that as the world transformation. There should be many tutorials online and in the SDK for applying matrix transformation, so you can start with a web search [smile]

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement