Sign in to follow this  
ChazH

Animation Issues

Hello, I have been working with XNA for the past few months and decided to try working with some animations. Now I have been using the Skinning Sample. I posted this already on the XNA content pipeline forums but havent gotten a response yet. When I export my model's and animations from Max into the fbx format and play it in the quick time player everything looks great and everything is in the correct position. When I load the model up in XNA everything gets messed up. Nothing is in the correct position. It looks like it is not holding the information for the positions of the bones and the skin. I am using the 3ds max biped for the bones. If you need to see some pictures heres a link. My Blog. Any help will be greatly appreciated. If you need to see the code im using a an example of the files just let me know.

I got the animations working now. I had to export the model in bind pose. Then Reexport the model with the full animations to another file and copy the takes to the fbx file that had the model with the bind pose.