• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jdub

Wierd Link Error Please help

This topic is 3542 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I try to link my application with DXUT (both projects compile fine alone). I get this error when linking my project: 1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library 1>dxut.lib(DXUT.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__InitCommonControls@0 1>dxut.lib(DXUTmisc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DXTraceW@20 I think the bottom two are because I didn't link to some library (I linked to only the directx9 libraries, not DX10). I looked up the functions and noticed that one is in a COM .lib and another one (the second) is part of directX. The first one however puzzles me. What does this mean and how can I fix it? Also, I am kinda a nooby to C++ linking (just came from C# and XNA). I was wondering, what is the difference between a DLL and a LIB (Advantages/Disadvantages)? [Edited by - jdub on October 11, 2008 1:38:37 AM]

Advertisement
Thanks, I think I know what the problem is with the last two but I am unsure the cause of the first link error.

That first one isn't an error, it's a warning. Just do like it says, and use that linker flag if you don't wanna see it anymore ;-)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!