• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EqualityAssignment

Setting up SDL with Borland C++BuilderX

This topic is 3565 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to set up SDL with borland's c++builderx. However, this is the first time I've ever had to really 'set' something up. I never compiled boost, and windows has sheltered me with all kinds of installers and things, so I'm a little lost when it comes to .dlls and dependencies and stuff. Or maybe a lot lost. Anyway, I downloaded the zipped source code from here: http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php , and I found some instructions for building SDL with borland builder6 (I figured builderx could handle that), but the first step told me to open a project group file, and builderx treated it like a text file. I poked around some other folders and tried to figure out where to start, but I'm not having a lot of luck. Is there a tutorial that applies directly to builderx somewhere (I've looked around for one)? Or should I go back and try the zipped runtime libraries instead? Sorry for my noobness ('it's over ...') >.>

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!