• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

.NET Audio Library

This topic is 3415 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello I'm looking for a audio-library to use in my game developed in C#. At minimum I want to be able to play sound-effects and music (mp3). I would want to make things like an music visualizer, which I assume means I need some support for audio-signal processing. There is OpenAL - is there any good C# wrappers out there? I've also come across BASS.NET, any opinions on that library? The commersial license is a bit expensive though. Are there any other libraries that I should be aware of? Any help is appreciated. /Opwiz

Advertisement
FMOD has a .NET wrapper and is a dream to use. Supports the mp3 playback (though mp3 licensing hassles still apply); don't know about support for enough stuff to build a visualizer though.

Quote:
Original post by Telastyn
FMOD has a .NET wrapper and is a dream to use. Supports the mp3 playback (though mp3 licensing hassles still apply); don't know about support for enough stuff to build a visualizer though.

Nice, I'll check it out.

Any more libraries I should be aware of?

The Tao framework provides a .net interface for OpenAL. OpenAL has worked well for me, but I didn't get into visualizers or anything like that.

Quote:
Original post by Giawa
The Tao framework provides a .net interface for OpenAL. OpenAL has worked well for me, but I didn't get into visualizers or anything like that.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement