Sign in to follow this  
motionl2

Couple Questions

Being someone with little to no programming experiance, i was browsing through various sites, and read a lot of things on the subject, then scripting was something that really caught my eye, the ability to code special things in games and even basic things such as using a potion or buying a weapon the little things like that got me very interested, now my question is how does one begin scripting? where does one start? what is the best way for practice. If anyone could let me know how i can get started that would be excellent and greatly appreciated. I should note, that i really want to get into scripting for games but you gotta start somewhere right?

"Scripting", in this context, means "using a higher-level programming language in concert with a lower-level programming language in order to improve the efficiency of the software development process". It involves, in other words, a second programming language. If you are not, as yet, using a first programming language, that's jumping the gun a bit.

As for where to start: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/start_here/