VS2008 : How to supress "Wp64 deprecated" warning

Started by
4 comments, last by Anon Mike 15 years, 6 months ago
I've just move to Visual Studio 2008 and it shows command-line warning when I build my project.
Quote: cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
I understand what it means but I do love /Wp64 option. And that command-line warning is the ugliest thing in my project. Is is possible to suppress that warning? Please let me know
I don't like the name std::vector. I'd be happy if it was std::array.
Advertisement
It's deprecated. Remove it from your build options.
Quote:Original post by RDragon1
It's deprecated. Remove it from your build options.

[crying]
I don't like the name std::vector. I'd be happy if it was std::array.
It's somewhere in Project->Properties. At work so can't find it exactly but there's an option somewhere about auto-detecting 64 bit machines or something.

I have to do this every time I open an old 2005 project in 2008.
Project->Properties->C/C++->General->Detect 64-bit Portability Errors->No.

Either that. Or if you really want to keep it enabled (no idea why you would, but anyway), you could probably suppress it with a #pragma or adding the warning code to the project's warning ignore list.
If you want to find 64-bit portability problems the real 64-bit compiler is a much better tool to do so then some hacked-up, buggy, deprecated switch (the 64-bit compiler will run on 32-bit OS). Just periodically build your stuff with the 64-bit compiler, even if you don't intend to release that version.
-Mike

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement