• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Problem with IOleObject::DoVerb [SOLVED]

This topic is 3415 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I am experiencing some weird problems with DoVerb (part of the IOleObject interface). It returns E_UNEXPECTED when I call it like this:
hr = m_pOle->DoVerb
				(
				OLEIVERB_SHOW,
				NULL,
				(IOleClientSite*)this,
				NULL,
				NULL
				);

The class calling the function implements the IOleClientSite interface, and it has a valid IOleObject (m_pOle variable). The thing that I am trying to do is display Flash in a C++ OLE container. Is there any alternative to using DoVerb() in this case to display the OLE object? [Edited by - Eldritch on October 13, 2008 12:57:06 PM]

Advertisement
A quick google search reveals that E_UNEXPECTED is returned if a view rectangle hasn't been set yet. To be fair, though, this is fairly obscure stuff (this thread comes up first ;) ).

Hrmm, yeah. It is very hard to find something about this on the net... So, now I just need to figure out what a view rectangle is :)

Oh, needed to use <instance of IOleClientSite>->SetClientsite(myClientSite), that did the trick :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement