Multiple Solutions

Started by
1 comment, last by Spoonbender 15 years, 6 months ago
I was wondering if its "development savvy" to have multiple solutions in a development environment? This is an Engine, and the number of projects are growing fast, because of the number of Wrappers, Plugins, Utilities, ect... that i have. (right now i have around 13 - 15) Should i split them up into a Wrappers Solution, Plugins Solution, Utilities Solution, ect...?
Advertisement
I would break them apart at the reusable functionality boundary (on the library borders) since that's what a solution means. But yeah, splitting things into libraries is good.
Quote:Original post by GanonPhantom
I was wondering if its "development savvy" to have multiple solutions in a development environment? This is an Engine, and the number of projects are growing fast, because of the number of Wrappers, Plugins, Utilities, ect... that i have. (right now i have around 13 - 15)

Should i split them up into a Wrappers Solution, Plugins Solution, Utilities Solution, ect...?

As long as it's practical to do so, keeping everything in one solution is nicely convenient.

Visual Studio doesn't scale *that* well with tons of projects in a single solution, but you'll notice when it starts getting unbearably slow... ;)

But until it becomes a problem for you (for performance reasons in VS, or because it otherwise gets in your way), there's no point in multiple solutions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement