The Lost City of Malathedra: Set to be released November 1, 2008

Started by
4 comments, last by Daaark 15 years, 6 months ago
Greetings All! EDIGames will be releasing it's long awaited game The Lost City of Malathedra, November 1st 2008. Malathedra will be available for the PC via web download from EDI's website (http://www.edigames.com) for a retail price of $19.95 (US). A free demo will also be available. The Lost City of Malathedra is a graphic adventure game heavily inspired by classics such as The Fate Of Atlantis, The Dig, and the Kings Quest series. It is built on EDI's in house engine specifically designed to create games that take advantage of the latest 3D hardware capabilities while retaining a nostalgic feel and supporting modest system specs. Malathedra's advanced engine and classic focus appeals to both modern and retro adventure fans. About Ethereal Darkness Interacive Founded in 2002 Ethereal Darkness Interactive is committed to developing quality, independently developed games, with high production values. EDI's first title, Morning's Wrath, released in 2005 was an action/adventure hybrid that can be purchased at our website or played in the “indie” section of GameTap (http://www.gametap.com).

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Advertisement
*Tips hat at EDI*

Congratulations on another project done! Can't wait to try the demo [grin] Do you have any post-mortems planned?
I'm really happy for you, being able to release multiple games as an indie!

However, some feedback about your YouTube trailer: after 30 seconds, I lost interest. It was just a bunch of text that was blurry and hard to read. You need to put in animated screens of the actual game in the first 20 seconds to capture interest. Show various vistas from the game instead of a lot of text. And if possible, use voice-over instead of text!
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
Quote:Original post by hplus0603
I'm really happy for you, being able to release multiple games as an indie!

However, some feedback about your YouTube trailer: after 30 seconds, I lost interest. It was just a bunch of text that was blurry and hard to read. You need to put in animated screens of the actual game in the first 20 seconds to capture interest. Show various vistas from the game instead of a lot of text. And if possible, use voice-over instead of text!

Well said! We're building a new trailer right now in fact :)

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

I really like the looks of your graphics. They are very clean and refreshing.
NetGore - Open source multiplayer RPG engine
The trailer is boring. The first minute is all text, and the second minute is half text. The game itself looks very smooth and nice. You should focus on it more. The text would be better delivered as a voice over. Have someone say that 'sometimes a lost city should stay lost' during an action sequence.

Your graphics suffer from something I have mentioned before, where your characters, the backgrounds, and the objects on the level all look like they were done in different styles, by different people, and they clash a bit.

Nice to see that you have pumped your second game out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement