World of Goo (new indie game)

Started by
26 comments, last by nagromo 15 years, 6 months ago
They just released a PC demo. The game was developed by two guys, ex-EA Games employees. It's a cool physics puzzle game: http://www.2dboy.com
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele
Advertisement
The game is an example of near perfect polish. It plays very nicely. Just building odd little structures to reach goals that change nearly every level. It has a lot of depth for what it is and is hugely accessible. The only qualm I have with the game is that it is sometimes difficult to grab a certain kind of goo ball. Which, really, is not that big of a problem. Otherwise it is a wholly amazing experience.
Very neato!

I just finished the demo, and collected 97 balls. I could have collected more balls but I only played each level once, definetly could have gotten more if I wanted.

With the 97, I was able to get the big tower challenge up to 12 meters or so. Not sure how some people are getting way higher than that.
It's about time this game got mentioned on GDNet. It really is wonderful. I've got to the Epilogue so far- there's some really challenging levels waiting there.
Im really tempted to buy this game. But Im super cheap. Well, not cheap, but if I bought everything online that looked tempting I'd be broke ;)

How much longer is the full game than the demo?
Are there replayability features like create-your-own-levels ?

Good fun.

I love the sense of humour in it. Personal favourites are some of the load screen diagnostic messages eg "Debating games as art..."
Nice and polished for an indie game.

Controls could've been improved however. Considering that this is an action puzzle game (some levels you gotta build fast before the structure collapses), I made plenty of accidental clicks. Clicking on the wrong goo or even those undo flies that happened to zip by my structure, or I accidentally put goo in the wrong spots which causes the entire structure to collapse faster.
Quote:Original post by AndreTheGiant
How much longer is the full game than the demo?
Are there replayability features like create-your-own-levels ?

According to this review,it's not very long:
blog.graduategames.com/2008/10/world-of-goo-review.html
Will get it anyway.

Quote:Original post by AndreTheGiant
I just finished the demo, and collected 97 balls. I could have collected more balls but I only played each level once, definetly could have gotten more if I wanted.
With the 97, I was able to get the big tower challenge up to 12 meters or so. Not sure how some people are getting way higher than that.

Hey, i have 97 after finishing the demo,too. Look for that cloud called Blueskied.
People with the full version can collect more balls, so their tower is higher. Or do you mean there are towers with only 97 balls which are way higher?
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele
Oh man that is brilliant. That is a very polished game, that is simple, fun, and challenging. Reminds me a lot of armadillo run. Oh and those "ocd" challenges are really cool too. I love it.
I personally found it incredibly annoying to try and grab the right Goo at times, and turns out it doesn't work so friendly with multiple monitors. But besides that, very fun. Too bad those two annoyed me too much.
NetGore - Open source multiplayer RPG engine

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement