Sign in to follow this  
aleisterbukowski

ROM 255 levels now what do I do?

Hi, I started to work on some sample code for a resume, and I first thought just make Breakout, but it's one of those games that have been done way too many times. So I decided to make my own game with a very simplistic concept "Find the exit" and have 4 rules that apply. 1.) As you collide with a block that change to a different color, and if the color is the 4th in the array that block disappears. 2.) Bounce if you collide with the bounce block you are directed in the opposite direction you came. 3.) Speed if you hit the speed block you increase your speed by 2x 4.) Inverse Controls if you hit the inverse block your controls are inverse until you either complete the level, or until you hit the inverse control again. The exit is a green square, and you are a blue square. The game is quite simple, and yet it's still a puzzle game, for there are some really challenging levels. There are 255 levels completed. Here is level 3 Image Hosted by ImageShack.us<br/> This was back in beta release, and as the work I've completed today it is done. My question is what do I do with the game now. I want to let the world know I made this game, and I want gamers all around to play this game. I'm not saying I want money for this game, but if it's possible since I do consider myself a game developer making money from a game I made from scratch would be nice. So what is the next step to be had once you have made a game that is at least in playable mode for other gamers alike to play. Where do I host it? Who do I give it to? and How polish of a game should this be? So far menu, play game, credits, timer, all levels completed and so far no bug that I know of right now. We're thinking of making a high score, but there isn't a scoring system right now, just a timer to see if you can beat the level with the given time interval. Please let me know what a game developer should do, since this is my first game I have made and would like to distribute myself. Thank you! ;)

Sign in to follow this