Sign in to follow this  
izzo

Unity gaffer and that crazy abaraba guy

izzo    437
Does anyone remember that guy posting about how Havok and other physics middleware have these timestep bugs? here and here. He was also complaining about Gaffer's article on timesteps. Anyway according to Gaffer he has apparently been posting everywhere about how there's this conspiracy going on with timesteps: http://gafferongames.wordpress.com/2008/10/20/fix-your-timestep-crazy-internet-stalker/ Gaffer also rebuts the guy's arguments. Crazy stuff :D Sam

oliii    2196
The conspiracy of timesteps.

The Timestep agents try to shut him down, but you guys just can't handle the truth. I bet you're one of them!

mikeman    2942
Quote:
Original post by Gaffer
Its up on digg, make sure to digg it up, so we can EXPOSE THE TRUTH about timestepping!

http://digg.com/programming/The_Timestep_Crusader/

lets make sure everyone sees how much of a nutbag this guy is :)

You, sir, are clearly withholding information. I demand that the truth be known to the public! You are done fooling us! The Timestep conspirancy is revealed, the people demand to know! The truth is out there and there's nothing you can do to stop it!

Also, can I talk to your manager??!!!!

lol... for a bunch of guys that are professional software developers, I'm surprised that you guys are that surprised that a software developer would really be that crazy.

Here at work, we are basically the freak show of the company. Me and one or two other devs excluded of course.... I'm almost positive half of these developers have bodies under their basement, let alone are stalking people via internet... [lol]. Half the days I wake up wondering which one of the guys on my developer team will be on the front page of the news paper...

PS, I hope jpetrie and Promit didn't get in trouble with their manager too bad... [lol]... holy shit..

I liked this part of his code:

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(R)All rights reserved, dont you dare use this code unless you can prove
to me you're human being. Use of this algorithm in commercial products
without my permission will be cheerfully taken to court.
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Partner Spotlight

• Similar Content

• By Levgre
      I have a design doc I can share, either contact me here, at levgree@yahoo.com, or on Discord (tag is levgre#1415). I am only going over some of mechanics in this post, with more focus on combat than campaign, as combat is the core of the game.  designers could possibly be welcome, at the least I don't ever mind getting additional ideas/feedback.
      Like said in the title, the game is inspired by Darkest Dungeon, but aspiring for deeper and more varied combat/campaign mechanics.
      Theme: the player controls a party of raiders that go on missions, getting loot, building up reputation and experience, etc.  These missions would often be populated areas like towns and forts, but also could be caves, forests, and other settings.  
      The player will control a party of 6 characters.  Changing group formation and individual character positions will be an essential part of strategy for all party compositions.   However, most characters will still be in melee combat, as often the party will be fighting off enemies from both sides (just less often from the rear).
      Characters, both friendly and enemy, will be able to die or be severely injured in one hit, and no magical healing available.  However they will be able to dodge or deflect most attacks until they run out of "stamina", at which point they become sluggish and easier to kill.  So gameplay wise, stamina behaves sort of like the regenerating shield in halo.  However if the player makes a tactical error or puts a character in a situation where they are outmatched, characters could still be wounded even at full stamina.  So individual battles are not the only threat, but also tiring  from waves of enemies.
       The player's group can rest when needed, but that will allow the enemies to ready their defenses or get reinforcements.  So speed and smart stamina management is encouraged.  Although, there will be some level of variety in approach, the player could have a more heavily armored team that slogs through tougher fights, or a lightly armored quick characters for a fast team that relies more on the element of surprise. 
      Weapon and armor choices for each character will be significant strategic decisions, based on battle formation and also the strengths and weaknesses of the party comp/individual characters.
      The exact setting is not yet decided, it could be realistic medieval, high fantasy medieval with demihumans and magical creatures and some level of magic, steampunk, etc..  The "raiders" could be seafaring viking types, fighting in a religious conflict like crusaders, or some of both.
      Thanks for reading, and lmk if you are interested or have any questions.
    • By Spronx
      Hi guys,
      I'm Andy from StriX Interactive and we are
      LOOKING FOR A LEVEL DESIGNER
      to join us on this incredible adventure of developing Blood Oath. Open world fantasy 3rd person RPG in the style of The Witcher.
      We plan to launch a Kickstarter campaign by the end of the year. So it's not a paid job yet.
      We need someone capable of making terrain according to the world map that we have and over all level design. We have a great team and want YOU to be a part of it.
      Contact us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/StriXInteractive/

• By Java Nigga
      Hi there!
      We are JN Studios, we are looking for people to work with us in our project.
      About US:
      JN Studios is a 2 people amateur studio. we have like 1 year making games, but this is our first professional project to show it to the public. We are a programmer guy(Me) and a 3d modeller.
      About the game:
      Strategist Sniper is a RPG/FPS game, yes RPG and fps :v you awake in the middle of the unknown and a small voice tells you that you have to go through the world killing other snipers to get out of there. the mechanics of the game are based on the basic controls of games like League of Legends and in FPS games like Counter Strike.
      What we are looking for?
      actually we are looking for another c# programmer, a musician and an artist(for game illustrations for the marketing of the game).
      Profits Share:
      when the game is in a stable alpha phase we will create a campaign in Idiegogo to obtain money to finance the game. each of the project participants will receive a percentage depending on the work done.
      How to apply?
      just send us a email with a portfolio and in what you can help our team -       trabajojava1@gmail.com

Devblog1.mp4
    • By cursetalegame
      Hello! I am building the main scene in Unity for a 3D cards game. My goal is creating "card slots" to place the different cards from a deck and use it as "buttons". The image below represents somehow what I want to develop. I have been reading and I think that I have to generate a canvas and place in my scene the slots where I want to place the cards, but I am not sure about it. Also, to use the cards, I don't know if setting buttons is the best option (maybe I should use images instead).
      All recommendations and tips are welcome

• By cursetalegame
      Hi! We are looking for a unity 3D developer to join our small "beginners" team. We are 3 artists (illustration, concept and 3D modeling), 2 designers and 1 programmer (me). We are developing an online video game that we have already designed. Our goal is to create a small studio and build up this game to take it to video game events around Europe and try to find publishers. Also we want to learn step by step how to develop games, so, is better if you don't have a huge experience in developing
      For more information, or any question, you can send us an email to cursetalegame@gmail.com 
      Cheers
  • Popular Now