Sign in to follow this  
lucky6969b

PhysX engine

Hello, I've bought AI Game programming Wisdom 4 recently. The PhysX engine SDK came with the book. Does anyone have ideas whether I can re-distribute the DLLs freely because physX is no longer for retail... and owned by Nvidia? correct me if I am wrong. Just a sidenote: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/physx.html Are developers bound with Nvidia licensing scheme? or Ageia's? I ask this because the SDK version was dated before Ageia was bought out. Thanks Jack

You would be bound to the company that owns the current rights to the SDK, which in this case would be NVidia. Also, unless I am mistaken you are allowed to use it for Commercial purposes, provided you follow the licensing terms that NVidia provides.

As a side note, NVidia provides a re-distributable download pack for Aegia, which you would want to distribute with your game if you end up releasing it.

Quote:
Original post by shwasasin
You would be bound to the company that owns the current rights to the SDK, which in this case would be NVidia. Also, unless I am mistaken you are allowed to use it for Commercial purposes, provided you follow the licensing terms that NVidia provides.

As a side note, NVidia provides a re-distributable download pack for Aegia, which you would want to distribute with your game if you end up releasing it.

Hey, that's cool. I'll take some time to look at that.
Thanks for your valuable info.
Jack

If you use the PhysX SDK version which came with the book, then I am sure it came with a license. You would have to follow that specific license if you use that specific version of the PhysX SDK.

If you want to use a possibly newer license, then you would just download a newer version of the PhysX SDK from nvidia. Then you would of course follow the license that came with that specific version of the SDK and not any other license.

The licenses are not changed like that. If some SDK version came with some license, then it is exactly that license which you need to obey and not any other license.