Direct Input

Started by
1 comment, last by Evil Steve 15 years, 6 months ago
I am new to Direct Input and am having some trouble. In Visual C++, I keep getting the following errors: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _c_dfDIKeyboard error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GUID_SysKeyboard error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DirectInput8Create@20 referenced in function _InitializeDirectInput error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectInput8W Here are the include files/libraries I include in the project: #include <windows.h> #include <windowsx.h> #include <dinput.h> #pragma comment (lib, "dinput8.lib") #pragma comment (lib, "dxguid.lib") I've come across references in DirectInput tutorials to a "dinput.lib" library, but the June 2008 DirectX SDK doesn't have it. Could that be the problem? (Also, I've verified I have "dinput8.dll" and "dinput.dll" in my system folder)
Advertisement
Never mind, found the problem. The lib directory I told the compiler to search was the x64 versions of the libs (I used that because I have XP x64). But apparently I have to use the x86 versions.
Don't do that, please...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement